Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 34

Thread: They seem sad to see us leave their country...

  1. #21
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: They seem sad to see us leave their country...

    Apparently you misunderstood the entire piece. The people of Iraq were celebrating, take it as a slap in the face, but they didn't want us there and the US has caused a lot of peoblems. No one said anything about the troops, I support them, but the U.S. shouldn't be over there plain and simple. By 2011, 2012 really...the bulk of those troops will be home and of course there will still be American bases there, like with any place. That's common sense and no one is saying that at all. Blather on though.

  2. #22
    Inactive Member centennialdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2003
    Posts
    3,263
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: They seem sad to see us leave their country...

    I have an idea for you, dude. Join the military, go to Iraq, or even Korea. Support the idea that gays should be open with their sexual orientation and see how far you get. Bet you get booted out faster than the gays would.

  3. #23
    Inactive Member MapleGap's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 22nd, 2009
    Posts
    136
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: They seem sad to see us leave their country...

    Is it me, or does it seem that Burton13 hates the U.S.A. I mean aside from all the gay crap, he is constantly beating down the country and the military.

  4. #24
    Inactive Member SWVA-Football's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2005
    Posts
    4,965
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: They seem sad to see us leave their country...

    Quote Originally Posted by MapleGap View Post
    Is it me, or does it seem that Burton13 hates the U.S.A. I mean aside from all the gay crap, he is constantly beating down the country and the military.
    I disagree. I think he's a guy with his own opinions about what's best for our country, and I think that because his views differ from yours, you're getting a little hot and bothered about it and going out of your way to prove that point with every post you make.
    Officially retired

  5. #25
    Inactive Member Biggin's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 18th, 2002
    Posts
    9,588
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: They seem sad to see us leave their country...

    chubz ftw!!

    just because someone has a different opinion it does not mean they hate america.

    i have different opinions, i think we should leave iraq asap, and i have a half brother in the armed forces.

  6. #26
    Inactive Member Counts's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 27th, 1999
    Posts
    1,019
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: They seem sad to see us leave their country...

    This thread got me thinking.....Obama said he would be drawing down forces in Iraq at the rait of 1 batallion a month starting as soon as he entered office.....Two questions....1) has he followed through with that promise and 2) how has it affected the violence level in Iraq (The Media really cut there coverave of Iraq once the economey tanked)

    Not looking for a bunch of Pro/Anti Obama stuff just wondering on how this BIG campain issue is playing out

  7. #27
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: They seem sad to see us leave their country...

    I think once he got all the facts he seen that what he thought and reality were not the same
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  8. #28
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: They seem sad to see us leave their country...

    Quote Originally Posted by Counts View Post
    This thread got me thinking.....Obama said he would be drawing down forces in Iraq at the rait of 1 batallion a month starting as soon as he entered office.....Two questions....1) has he followed through with that promise and 2) how has it affected the violence level in Iraq (The Media really cut there coverave of Iraq once the economey tanked)

    Not looking for a bunch of Pro/Anti Obama stuff just wondering on how this BIG campain issue is playing out
    I think he originally said by the summer of 2010, they'd be out. From what I heard, commanders advised him that it'd be best/safer to push that back to the spring/summer of 2011...officially almost all troops out by 2012.

  9. #29
    Inactive Member CoeburnCane's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,931
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: They seem sad to see us leave their country...

    I honestly think the reason why you see some campaign promises kept and others not kept are because the POTUS can't make every decision unilaterally. He has to work together with advisors, Congress, the military, etc...to make good decisions. When a candidate is running for POTUS, I never expect them to keep all their promises. I hope they keep a certain amount of them (otherwise I wouldn't vote for them), but in reality, it's not gonna happen.

    No POTUS can come in, wave a magic wand, and get everything done that he promised/wanted to get done while he was campaigning for the office.
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

  10. #30
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: They seem sad to see us leave their country...

    Quote Originally Posted by CoeburnCane View Post
    I honestly think the reason why you see some campaign promises kept and others not kept are because the POTUS can't make every decision unilaterally. He has to work together with advisors, Congress, the military, etc...to make good decisions. When a candidate is running for POTUS, I never expect them to keep all their promises. I hope they keep a certain amount of them (otherwise I wouldn't vote for them), but in reality, it's not gonna happen.

    No POTUS can come in, wave a magic wand, and get everything done that he promised/wanted to get done while he was campaigning for the office.

    Hence why all are liars.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •